Monday, April 20, 2009

Queen of the Variety Show

I love acting. Especially when I get to act like someone completely different from myself, which is often (normally I get cast in the extremely ditzy or ultra seductive wannabe roles).
Therefore, whenever there is a hint of a variety show, I get very excited about the possibilities. It's not that I demand the attention. It's more that I have so much fun organizing skits and performances, that I just want to do several.
Now would be a good time to mention our ward's variety show.
I'm very excited. For those of you who have been in a college ward with me, you'll remember that I am usually in several acts (odds are, you've been in one of them with me. And if your name is Carol Atwater, you've been in almost all of them). Right now, I'm planning three, possibly four acts.
You might think that's a little overkill. However, it's important to note that much of my ultra-involvement stems from a desire to get others involved. One of the acts I'm planning actually features about a dozen people. However, this did get me to reminiscing on the past. Enjoy.
I played a little girl in "Phillip the Hyper Hypo."


Chad was willing to let me make him a rat tail for our New Kids on the Block lip sync. I made it from my own hair.This one started it all, the first New Kids on the Block lip sync to Hangin' Tough. I was Donnie.


One of my favorite characters to portray was Mary Catherine Gallagher. She made appearances in at least 3 variety shows.


Of course, there are several that are not represented. Among them being:
1. A re-enactment of a scene from "Emperor's New Groove."

2. A Spice Girls lip sync

3. A Milli Vanilli lip sync

4. An SNL skit featuring Penelope (the "one upper.")

And so many more.

5 comments:

Big Mama said...

love the pics! so was your spice girls song Bumper to Bumper?

Vanessa said...

oh, thats awesome!! Love the NKOTB. I didn't know that was where it all started.

Jonika said...

I love it!

Carrie Allen said...

I feel honored to have made it into a picture on your blog!

Guess what...I'm coming to Utah in June for a family reunion and I want to see you! It'll be the weekend of the 12th; I think we're planning on doing the Provo thing on the 11th actually. Can we make it work?!?!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad I was there for many of those (and at least saw the NKOTB video!). The milli vanilli thing was so fun! I'll never again hear "girl you know it's true" and not think of you!