Thursday, April 2, 2009

An Ode to a Man I Love (Who I Probably Shouldn't)


So, I'm a 28-year old school teacher. That having been said, there are some men that I totally crush on that I really shouldn't (either due to societal norms or my own moral code). I would like to make this into a recurring segment.
Today, I'd like to focus on my favorite as of today. His name is Gerard Way.
Gerard is the lead singer of the band "My Chemical Romance." The band (labeled as being of the emo genre) really came into the light with their album "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" (which is also the resting place of my favorite song of all time: "I'm Not OK"). Though their most recent album met with mixed reviews, I absolutely adored it. The craziness started when I saw one of their music videos and fell in love with Gerard.
The idea of me (the aforementioned 28-year-old teacher) crushing on someone who wears makeup and nail polish (and black on black ensembles) is somewhat humorous.
One of the comments I made to Randa (who teaches 6th grade at Aspen) was "I think eye liner is kind of sexy on guys."
Probably why I'm so into theater.

So tune in soon for my next inappropriate crush object.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

That's very much how I feel about Brendon Urie of Panic at the Disco.

Big Mama said...

So you like the dark bad boys now eh?