Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't Worry, It's Just an Old Man Crush


I feel like I've been using this phrase a lot lately. I feel the whole theme goes well with my Top Ten list about why it's cool to date older men.
This particular candidate, for those of you who live your lives without "House," is Hugh Laurie. I first saw him as the disgruntled husband to Charlotte Barton in "Sense and Sensibility." He had dry humor mastered!

Watching him in "House" (a television series about a cantakerous, socially inept doctor) is awesome. I totally think he's attractive. Some might think that I'm strange being attracted to someone who is old enough to be my father. It's probably because my own father is quite a bit older (though that still doesn't stop me from having a crush on Christopher Plummer).
So there you have it: my number one old man crush.

4 comments:

Mallory said...

I have to say, I'm with you in the Hugh Laurie crush. He's pretty much a genius; he does both comedy and drama superbly. I'd suggest trying to catch him on the BBC series Jeeves and Wooster, which sometimes airs on PBS. You'll just love him more.

Andy said...

@Mallory

In that series is he Jeeves or Wooster? It seems like he would make a better Jeeves, but you never know.

Mikila said...

DOn't worry Michelle, I think he is hot in his own sarcastic way to!

Parley and Katie Call said...

I have a crush on him too. And I cracked up about Christopher Plummer...my mom has always loved him and I love him too! :) Of course you know who he is but most people have no idea....