Monday, March 23, 2009

I Love Sushi so Much, I Threw a Party for It!

So, back in the days of my birthday (this past year) my roommate, Wendy, promised me that she would make sushi, and moreover, teach me how to make it.
Now, it is not commonly known how much I love sushi. Thus, the idea of being able to create my own at a fraction of the cost was quite exciting. Wendy went out and bought all of the ingredients using her connections with the Asian underground. And on Friday night, she taught me how to roll my own sushi.
Here is an example of one of my own creations. It was made with rice, eel, avocado, cream cheese, and Samurai Sauce (which Wendy totally stole from "Happy Sumo" but we won't tell anyone. . . that doesn't read this blog). Unfortunately, it was quite difficult to cut my roll into pretty pieces. It turns out I'm not the most skilled sushi maker just yet. But I totally get points for creativity, as my next creation also included salmon. We were also joined by Sharon, Kelly, Jenni, Kristina, and Ching Ping for festivities
What this really translates to is that I now have something else that I can make that tastes really good. And though that might not mean much to you, it makes a big difference in my formerly sushi barren world.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Okay, so maybe I was a few hours late ... but I'm still totally hurt (devastated, heartbroken, crying myself to sleep) that I didn't make your list. I mean, really, I probably ate as much of the salmon as a number of the other attendees put together (though probably not you, of course!). :)