Monday, March 9, 2009

Deliciousness on a Stick. . . With an Aussie Accent!


I watched "Australia" last night. I have one thing to say: YUM! I haven't had that much gratuitous eye candy for prolonged periods of time since "Lord of the Rings" came out (Viggo, I'm still waiting for your call).
At first I was a bit hesitant to see it. A movie based on a cowboy?! I despise country music. In fact I could count the country songs I like using two fingers. I established my opinion of cowboys when I watched them walking around my high school. In my mind, a cowboy is someone who wears painted on jeans with a belt buckle the size of the Chrysler Building. Oh, and watch out for their hat, it could take your eyes out (and that's just by looking at it. Imagine what would happen if it actually touched you!)
So imagine my surprise when Hugh Jackman comes on screen looking all scrum- diddly-umptious. All of a sudden, cowboys take on an entirely new definition.
Though the movie was long, and had multiple story arcs, I felt it was really well done. The acting was fabulous (I knew I admired Nicole Kidman for some reason) and the shots were beautiful. Like all films these days, it does have a bit of a scandalous scene. Luckily, it's pretty brief.
Anyway, loved the movie, loved Hugh, love, love, love.

But I still don't like country music.

1 comment:

Mikila said...

Hilarious, I will have to watch it. When you stated that you didn't like country music I thought to myself, "another reason why I like Michelle so much."