Friday, January 2, 2009

The Ultra Sound Results are in! It's a ...... Gallbladder!

So, I'm weird. For many reasons. Get over it.
However, the most recent thing that has made me unique (aka special and a person like none other) is that this morning I had an ultra sound. Not because I'm pregnant (unless that immaculate conception thing has come back into style), but because I've wanted to vomit for the past week.
When I went to the doctor and explained my ailments (and how this has happened multiple times in the past, but it only lasted a day or so) she informed me that I most likely had Gallbladder disease (known as Cholecystitis or something like that) which meant that my gallbladder was all angry inside and didn't want to help digest fat. This means that anytime I eat something that has ANY fat in it whatsoever, I have to fight the urge to claw my belly open and rip out my innards. Therefore, I went to get an ultra sound today to see if there were any gall stones which were causing my gallbladder to behave irritably. The doctor didn't find anything, and signed me up for another test next week. Apparently, it is very common to have one's gallbladder removed.
I have a few alternative treatments to surgery that I would like to suggest to my doctor when I see her:

1. Massage my gallbladder. It's had a tough life and probably just needs to feel a little pampered for a change.

2. Compliment my gallbladder. I know that I perform better when I've been complimented and feel that people are confident in my work. Perhaps, my gallbladder is suffering from poor self-estem.

3. Gallbladder transplant. If people can live without their gallbladders, I bet dogs can too. Nadra would only be too happy to oblige.

My favorite part was my dad's response (always wanting to look on the bright side): "Well Mish, perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. You might lose some weight."

Yep. I sure could.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

A bunch of my in-laws have had to have their's out, as has my dad. He actually had an "attack" really bad at my graduation, so missed me walking across the stage to get my fake diploma from the Dean of Education. Don't worry, you'll survive.

Carol Joy said...

Wow, Pa Rotar kills me sometimes. I love your suggestions! I'm sure that Nadra's would fit quite nicely. ;) Haha. Lol.

Big Mama said...

UGH! I feel your pain!! Mine was taken out 5 weeks after I had Isaiah. I'll never forget thinking that those stones hurt more than delivering Isaiah. And the pain is comparable to kidney stones as well. At least for me. Well... I hope you can get it out soon. Its so not worth the pain. If you want... I'll rub and massage it for you. Awww... the poor little gallbladder!

Parley and Katie Call said...

If you seriously want an alternative to surgery, call me! Please, really. Or email me. My mom has troubles w/hers (bad ones) and we do liver & gallbladder flushes ALL the time. Her dr. wanted to take it out but she said C-Ya! and is much better just watching what she eats and doing the cleansing. Anyway, it's just an idea for you. I hope whatever you choose, you feel better!!!