Sunday, December 7, 2008

Blast From the Past!

I know, such a cliche'd title. But it's true. I've had the chance to visit with my good friend, Carol this weekend (she came for a wedding that I wasn't invited to. I'm not bitter, of course. . . ). While she was here, there were a few things accomplished:

- I'm pretty sure I offended all my friends in the ward choir. I have NEVER been as disruptive and had such a flagrant disregard for the people around me as I did this morning. I'll be surprised if Matt, our choir director, ever speaks to me again.


- I got a chance to share all my most recent Top Ten Lists with her. I'm always in the mood for someone who enjoys my jokes and thinks I'm funny.
And Carol definitely thinks I'm funny.

-Flirted shamelessly with a guy I just met. That was quite enjoyable, actually. It's always fun to find other people who don't suffer from personal boundaries.


- Watched the personally choreographed New Kids dances from when I was 19 years old that Carol is in as well. If you haven't seen the homemade "rat-tail" I made out of my own hair and attached to one of my guy friends' hair, you really should ask to see the video. Actually, even if you have seen it, you should watch it again.


- Finally, I had about a three hour expanse of time in which I felt like I did before I had all the responsibilities of life that loom over my head. And the question I have is, why don't I feel like this everyday?

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

I SO wish I could have been there to forget all of my responsibilities, laugh at your funniness and watch the New Kids video!!!

Mallory said...

Oh, Michelle. You bring such joy to my heart. I wish I had been at choir to witness your disruption (I had a delightful headache all day). Also, I am curious to know who you flirted with.

Cameron and Katie said...

Love you and love Carol. I am glad you guys got to hang out, makes me miss the good old days in Elms...

Shannon said...

I've seen the new kids video and was not aware that the Chad Shorter rattail was YOUR hair! That is so funny!

Speaking of dance videos... do you still have us doing "Girl you know it's true" somewhere? Watching that made me realize I really canNOT dance, but it was great fun nonetheless!

Parley and Katie Call said...

I was just feeling the same way and I told Parley-" I wish we could do stuff every day that makes us feel like kids again"!

I want to see this rat tail video!

Jonika said...

I was SO JEALOUS when I found out Carol was with you in Utah. Wish I could have been there. you are SO FUNNY and Carol comes a close 2nd place and me 3rd. I can't wait to see those videos, next time!

Carol Joy said...

Oh wow!! I feel SO privileged! To basically have a whole post dedicated to me! ;) Tehe. And it made me laugh SO much! Out loud, I'm pretty sure the professors in their offices thought I was crazy with how much I was laughing. My friend Kevin thought I was crazy, but I don't care.

Love it! Just found it today, sometimes I forget to check blogs...

I had a freakin blast too! It was great! And I do wish that all of you could have been there too.

Carrie Allen said...

So jealous you got to see Carol. You guys should come down to AZ sometime. Or I guess I could go up to Utah huh. Someday. Do you mean you actually show our Hangin' Tough video to people? Oh my! Those were the days!!