Thursday, November 27, 2008

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For

The options for a Thanksgiving post were many, and varied. My favorite, though I didn't have the gumption to do it, was to re-enact the landing at Plymouth and the first Thanksgiving dinner (Michelle Rotar style) using a very large set of acrylic figurines and buildings (including 3 large tipis) that were given to me by my loving parents last year. I ran out of time on that one, unfortunately. Maybe next year.
So I decided on the runner-up, a top ten list. My top ten things I'm thankful for:

10. Make-up. Without it, I would feel like crap, as would everyone else who had to look at me.

9. The combination of pajamas, electric blanket, and 600 thread count sheets. It's my own little slice of heaven every night.


8. Men. As much as I complain about them, they're definitely on my list of "favorite things" (insert humming in Julia Andrews-esque behavior).

7. Dessert. Yep, that ranks higher than men.


6. Music. My own universal soul healer. A little bit of Aerosmith, a little bit of My Chemical Romance, and little of New Kids on the Block, with a dash of Michael Jackson thrown in = bliss.

5. Movies. Without them (or men), I would have nothing to talk about.

4. My house. It's mine. . . it's all mine!! Mwah-ha-ha!

3. My students. They add variety and all sorts of weirdness to my everyday existence. God bless them!


2. My friends (even all those people on faceboo
k who consider themselves my friend, but I've only spoken to them once).

1. Duh, my family. That includes my dog. We might be relatively small compared to Utah family sizes, but we're mighty (mighty funny, that is!)


So, now I'm heading out to go to Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's in Brigham City. And yes, writing this blog is going to make me ten minutes late. I hope you thought it was worth it!

4 comments:

Mallory said...

Aw, Michelle, what a sweet Thanksgiving post! I might have to take a cue from you and post my own.

Shannon said...

Remember when I housesat for you? Your bed IS a slice of heaven. Or maybe the fact that I had just started dating Ross and everything was heaven made it seem so... :)

Carrie Allen said...

I was waiting to see if Michael Jackson would be included in your music section. And how fun to see a picture of you with your siblings. Hi to Tina! How old are her kids now? Did going up to Brigham City to see your aunt and uncle remind you of former times. Ü

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting a old picture of me in my pjs,for all the world to see. I just look so darn sexy!
Tina