Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today I am a Woman!


Last night was one of the most amazing nights of my life thus far. I accomplished a dream I've had ever since I was 9 years old. Last night, in Salt Lake City, I went to a New Kids on the Block concert.
IT WAS AMAZING!!!

Some things you should know:
-I didn't cry . . . though I almost did when they first came out on stage.
-It was the funnest concert I have ever been to.
- The Kids that have aged the most gracefully are Donnie and Joey (I know I've always been attracted to older men, but there's a reason for that!)
- Kid that has aged least gracefully: Jordan. Though he did take his shirt off for one of the songs (it's actually something he used to do in their old concerts, for the same song) and I will not lie, boyfriend has a very enviable physique. Not that I would want the same physique. . . more like I wouldn't mind touching it.
- I screamed like a little girl through the entire show. My personal favorite moment was when someone in the audience through a t-shirt to Donnie that had "I love mormon girls" written on it. He put on the shirt and wore it until the next costume change.
-Kelly and I waited for almost two hours after the concert, out by the buses, to see if the kids would come out and say hello. Turns out, the fans are just as maniacal as they were 15 years ago. Donnie jumped out of a van and came around high fiving people, and almost the entire crowd (myself excluded) rushed the van. Just being that close was enough for me.
- I have been singing/listening to their music ever since. Sometimes life is so fulfilling.

And to anyone out there who wants to give me crap for liking the New Kids on the Block:
You obviously don't have "The Right Stuff" (I know, wasn't that a really awful pun?!)

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

I am so jealous! I would love to have gone to a New Kids concert!

LaNell Brown said...

I cannot stop laughing right now. I would have been extremely disapointed if you did not go to their concert. Maybe you should bring out all the old memorbilia and decorate your guest room with it.

Angelee said...

I'm jealous. I'm laughing out loud that you rushed the bus.

Carol Joy said...

Like I said before, this is me being totally jealous! I wish I could've been there with you, what a blast that would've been. Tehe. I love that you acted like you would've acted had you been only 13 again. ;)
Love ya.

Mikila said...

You are histerical! I thougth Jordan still looked pretty good. Hey - I know you don't like me but do you think that I can come return your movies to you some time soon????

Carrie Allen said...

Hey Michelle! I'm glad I finally found you. You know I would have loved going to this with you. So many fun memories!! I'm so glad you got to go. The only concert I've still ever been to was the one I went to with you. Ü

Shannon said...

I am so happy for you- you love NKOTB way more than anyone I've ever known!!! :)

I started a new blog for us:
oregonolsens.blogspot.com

mcglone said...

Michelle I am so jealous! Somewhere at my parent's house in a box is an old NKOTB poster. Lately I have considered resurrecting it and rekindling my love for Joey. (Sigh.)

Parley and Katie Call said...

That is so funny. I'm glad you liked the concert! I would have loved it too, really! Isn't it strange how we still love them?