Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Traffic School Outer Darkness

I had to go to traffic school last night. Once again, I was pulled over for something I didn't realize I was doing wrong. Not that I'm not to blame, I just wish there could be a little Orem police mercy to temper their justice.
However, I was amazed at how much traffic school resembled an elementary school classroom. Let me share my findings:
-There's at least one student that keeps asking the "what if" questions (what if he pulls out first, and then you have the right of way, but he hits you . . . what if I stop and a bicyclist runs into me, who's at fault? . . . what if aliens come down from the sky and land on top of my car, what do I tell my insurance. . . you get the idea).
-There's the student who always has something to say; some comment to make, but it's completely clueless and almost has nothing to do with the topic.
- There are the chatting girls in the back, chomping loudly on their gum, paying no attention whatsoever.
-Don't forget the "back of the room wannabe snoozers" (where I fit in), fighting daydreams, or real ones.
- And of course the students flagrantly doing something completely off task. (also where I fit in).

But I did learn some really important things. Like:
- You are not allowed to shoot someone who is running away from your house.
-If you don't wear your seat belt, you will kill everyone in the car.
-Don't eat before watching disturbing traffic school videos (watching accidents that were caught on film by cameras actually in the cars was probably the creepiest thing I've ever done.)
- You're most likely to die in an accident on Fridays (trying to escape work). You're next most likely to die in an accident on Mondays (having made the decision to end your life rather than go back to work).


What traffic school ultimately accomplished for me, was to make me absolutely terrified to drive home last night.

5 comments:

Jonika said...

great blog, you make me laugh...your posts are the best!

LaNell Brown said...

I wanted to hear why you got the ticket. At first when I saw the picture I thought who drove their car onto Michelles house.

Mishie Moo said...

It was just a speeding ticket. I just found the picture online and felt it was appropriate.

Mishie Moo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Just be glad there IS traffic school. Here in Oregon, best case scenario you'd go to court, get maybe $50 knocked off your total charge, and still owe well over $200. It's disgusting.