Friday, October 31, 2008

My Most Favoritest Holiday

It's the most wonderful time of the year. For me, anyway. I had such a good day today. Extremely tiring, but still good. For almost a year, I have had an idea for my costume. I wanted to be Stitch (from "Lilo and Stitch"). I convinced Randa Mortenson, a sixth grade teacher at my school and a dear friend, to dress up as Lilo.
We spent the entire Halloween parade at school with me growling and sniffing at the students while she tried to calm me down, all the while quoting the movie as often as possible. Whenever she felt Stitch was getting too riled up, she inspired me to hula with her. It was just so much fun. I even tried to attack a few sixth graders and parents (only the ones I knew would have fun with it).
The bad side (as I confided in my colleagues today at work) is that this years costume is possibly the least guy attracting I've ever worn. Even the pumpkin costume from when I was seven got me a boyfriend or two. Ahh, the glory days . . .
But the kids sure got a kick out of it. I had "Hi Stitch" spoken to me by dozens of kids whom I have no idea who they are. It was fun. Though I now have lost my voice from excessive growling. Sometimes I love being a teacher.

1 comment:

LaNell Brown said...

you would love the holiday I despise, but I still love you