Thursday, October 23, 2008

In Honor of My 28th . . .

I turned 28 today. I know, big move from 27. I felt that the best way to commemorate this event was to create a top ten list of movie quotes that I feel best represent this stage in my life. And, if you can identify every quote, it probably means we're best friends.

Top Ten Quotes to Represent Being 28

10. "Do you understand the words that are comin' out of my mouth?"

9. "I'm not Josie Grossy anymore!" (dedicated to anyone who knew me in Junior High)

8. "Attitude reflect leadership, captain."

7. "Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog! I have dog germs! Get some hot water, get some iodine!"

6. "You'll have to forgive me, my brain has gone to pieces."

5."Eating a steady diet of government cheese while I'm living in a van down by the river."

4. "Sexy American Girlfriend!!!"

3. "I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite."

2. "I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way."

1. "I love it all! I love it, I love it, I love it! Every second of it, every second of it!"

9 comments:

Mallory said...

How delightfully appropriate! Happy 28th!

The Barth Family Blog said...

# 9 was my favorite. :)
Hope you had some great ice-cream last night and don't party too hard tonight.! Love ya!

Angelee said...

OH MAN, I've been planning my big picture blog for today. I can't believe I was a day off. Don't worry, good things are coming your way later today. Prepare to be in love with some pictures I have found.

Carol Joy said...

Wow, that was awesome! I guess you can't really include the quote: "I'm twenty - seven years old, I've no money and no prospects." for a 28 year old, huh? Oh well, too bad. It's just one of my favorite quotes, and I'm sad that in just over a month it won't apply anymore to me...well not directly b/c I'll be 28.

Mikila said...

I am very upset, I only got 7 out of 10 movies (what is the kissing dog one, I know that I know it!) Well happy late birthday! You may still be a spoiled princess but you are also a hot & hilarious one!!!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I could only get #3-10, and I was able to find out was #2 was (haven't seen it since it came out), No clue as to #1. BTW, #7 should include "Get some disinfectant!" after the hot water. Are you ever going to post the list we made in college?

Cameron and Katie said...

Happy Brithday, Michelle. We love you.

Carlson Clan said...

Hi Michelle!! I just found your blog from Angelee's! Happy Birthday! So you may be thinking..who the heck is this, well remember this one summer when Brigitte you and I would sit together to watch the soccer games in Chico and then you would buy those little gangsta guys and I think I got one named "wheels" or something. Anyways, I always wondered where you were at and how you were doing because you are like one of the funniest people ever and I think funny people are cool :) haha Oh by the way, my maiden name is Atkin if that rings any bells and I married Christopher Carlson (he's from Oroville...I don't know if you know him)...okay well this post is way too long so ciao!

Shannon said...

Happy b-day- sorry I'm a loser and forgot. But hey, if someone has asked when your b-day was I at least could have said in October! :) I didn't get all the quotes, but ALMOST all, so we're like second-best friends. :)