Monday, February 6, 2012

Get Me to the Church On Time!



My mother called me up to let me know that it was time to blog again. I believe her exact words were, "I'm sick of looking at that Korean couple when I look at your blog!" I won't lie, I've been busy. Since I talked to you about "Playful Kiss" I have since watched "Boys Over Flowers," "You're Beautiful," "My Princess," "Winter Sonata" (I don't recommend this one), "My Name is Kim Sam Soon,""City Hunter," and several others that didn't actually make an impression. However, I stand by my opinion
that Korean television is cleaner and more worthwhile than most of American tv. I highly recommend "City Hunter" for those of you into action flicks.
Now, to get to the reason of why I've actually been busy. You see, several months ago I met a man who is a bit younger than me. After an awful first impression, we became buddies, and eventually I thought I would enjoy him asking me out. Jon McManus (this guy)

eventually did ask me out after he accidentally threw a pen at my face.
Long story short, it was almost like a Korean drama. I thought he liked my roommate, he thought I wasn't interested, then he thought my roommate and I were fighting over him. I figured he wouldn't want to date an old woman. He was always doing homework. Eventually we got all of our ducks in a row (it turns out he liked me, and I liked him), and started dating.
Then, on Christmas Day, he proposed to me.
So, I AM GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!
Yep. I always said that if it ever happened, I would drive around various cities
in a van with a bullhorn, shouting the news out to the world. Luckily, the internet has nixed out my need for the van.
I took him home to California at Christmas time and he met many of my best friends out there. Several of them knew he was going to propose before I did. (He proposed by wrapping the ring in a bigger box and giving it to me as my last Christmas present). I was completely surprised. We've set the date for the wedding on June 8th and we'll be married in the Provo Temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I'm so excited! I never thought I would feel this way about anyone else on the planet. He's the best man I know, and I don't think I deserve him, but I sure do love him.
So far, he's taught me how to shoot a gun (a talent I never knew I had), clean ties, cook fajitas, and serve everyone around me. He even let me come up with ideas for how to cut his hair (see the top photo) after he was done shooting the New Testament films (he had grown out his hair and his beard to quite a respectable length).

And the best part? He watches Korean dramas with me. Even though they're not his favorite.
He's a keeper!

6 comments:

Carol Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Joy said...

Hurray for a blog update! I was talking to someone (it was probably Joan), and we were remarking that we hope that you still do Top 10 lists...you have a wide-open market for all kinds of topics around this whole wedding thing! ;) Just sayin. I'm still SOO excited for you, and have been bragging to ppl how cool Jon is. I agree, he's awesome, you're awesome, and it's why it's gonna work!

jana said...

Congrats Michelle. Glad Judy made you post. Love the details. Excited for you.

imemary said...

There was waaaaay too much crying in "My Princess." One of these days you and Jon should come over and we can make kim bap and read "Who Pooped on My Head?"

Megan said...

woot on new blog posts!! :D

Samuel and Melissa Aina said...

Hello friend from yesteryear! My mom just sent me your wedding invitation. I am so excited for you! Jon looks darling and you guys are glowing. Huge congratulations. Hope someday soon we can meet up. There's lots to catch up on! (Found your blog from Katie Call's blog and wanted to send my well wishes!)

Love,
Melissa Domeyer Aina
smaina2003@hotmail.com