Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Madame Rosmira makes an Appearance at the Stake Carnival

Well folks, as co-chair of the Activities Committee in my ward, and avid "do- anything" sort of person, I had the opportunity to help out at our stake carnival this last Monday. Each Ward was responsible for putting up two carnival booths. We had originally decided to do a cotton candy booth and a dart throwing booth. However, with the advice, encouragement, and sometimes censure of friends and co-workers we traded the dart throwing for a fortune teller. And if you haven't guessed from the picture, yours truly played that role.
The experience was truly a fun one. My close friends know how excited I get about acting and dressing up as someone other than myself. "Madame Rosmira" as I was called for the evening, gave me the opportunity to put together a fabulous gypsy costume (and yes, I am being completely modest. I'm wearing a skin colored leotard, which you are unable to readily detect due to my strategically placed hair.)
I set up my booth at 5:30 at Rock Canyon Park and started telling fortunes at 6:00. An acquaintance brought me some food, but other than that and the occasional sip of water, I told fortunes to friends and strangers for over three hours. Sometimes I read palms, other times I consulted my crystal ball or even "the cards" (which consisted of a deck of Old Maid cards, though apparently I offended some people who thought I was using actual tarot cards for a church function, but they're all going to hell anyway, as I foresaw using my non-tarot cards).
I finally had to stop when they turned off the outside lights. I will admit, I was pretty proud of myself. No two fortunes were the same, and I maintained an appropriate amount of intensity and stayed in my character for almost the entire night. I'll post some more photos once my friends send them to me. Out of the three times that I've told fortunes at an event, this was my favorite.

4 comments:

LaNell Brown said...

I am glad you revealed the fact that you actually have the body suit on because my first thought was that's a little riskay. (sp) I can only imagine that you were amazing.

Mallory said...

Now I'm regretting not standing in the über-long line to get my fortune told. (You were just too popular!) Does Madame Rosmira make personal appearances?

Big Mama said...

Immodest!! Man, you should've worn a leotard under your dress for Winter Formal when you went with Shane. hahahah... Maci saw your picture and said... mom, i want to be like her. That is a huge compliment because Maci only says that when she see's a beautiful girl! BTW.... can you tell me my fortune? We need some advice. ;-)

Carol Joy said...

Michelle, it only could've been better had I been able to be there to see it! That's awesome. Yet another way that you're just my hero! I don't understand how you're able to come up with all that stuff! You're just too great!

Love it!
Love you!