Sunday, September 21, 2008

Top Ten Reasons Why a Kick in the Teeth is Better Than Having a Relationship With a Male

I was rummaging through some old photos and paper when I came across this absolute gem! A few years ago, a good friend of mine (by the name of Amy Catale) went out to dinner with me. She confessed that life was not going well for her because this boy she had been dating dumped her rather unceremoniously. No worries, I told her. Making top ten lists is what I do to make myself feel a bit better! So, together we came up with the following list.
It's important to understand that this list was written to comfort a friend. There are times in my life when I find it's handy to take on the role of bitter-spinster-female-hag. It's not a very happy place, but the writing that comes out of it is usually just this side of brilliant!

So, here you go:

Top Ten Reasons Why a Kick in the Teeth is Better Than Having a Relationship With a Male

10. There are possible repercussions for the kicker.

9. A kick in the teeth requires no closure

8. You can't blame yourself for a kick in the teeth. (No really, it's my fault that my teeth got in the way.)

7. Being kicked in the teeth requires no effort on your part.

6. With a kick in the teeth, you're guaranteed at least some physical contact.

5. There is a possibility of getting gold bling (for the record, I absolutely detest that word) if you get kicked in the teeth.

4. There is no injuring of the self-esteem with a kick in the teeth.

3. Being kicked in the teeth will only hurt once.

2. A kick in the teeth will never tell you you're fat, or that it's not you, it's it.

1. Let's face it, who doesn't like a kick in the teeth?

So, that list healed a friend's soul for an evening. Perhaps it has helped yours as well . . .

6 comments:

Angelee said...

You crack me up. That was the best top 10 list of your yet.

Nicole said...

Michelle, I'm going to admit, I'm a blog stalker, came across your blog (probably via another former 198ther) and have become an avid and loyal reader since! Not to mention thoroughly entertained too! And i just had to come out of the shadows to tell you that! Hope you're doing great!

Mallory said...

This one needs to go in the book!

Mikila said...

Michelle, you crack me up, actually your better than crack because its a natural high that costs half the amount!!!Check out my blog. mhemstalk.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your top tens Rotar. They make me smile! :) See?

I actually have couple of ideas for you to explore in your top ten lists if you'd like them. One revolves around some of our favorite men: Darcy and Knightly.

Lemme know!

Big Mama said...

Oh my gosh! HAHAHA! Amen sistah!