Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Saturday of Ultimate Exercise

So, this past week I've had the feeling that I just couldn't get enough sleep. How wonderful, I thought, to have a weekend that would allow me to sleep in and relax. But then Julianne and Christina said they were going to bike to Spanish Fork from Provo. They were doing it to see a couple of our friends (Jenni and Andy) finish a half marathon that they have been training for for the past two or three months. Though excited to see my friends finish a race, I was much more intrigued by the bragging rights I would have by biking 26 miles. I was told me were meeting at 7:30 am to start our journey (in order to be there by 9:00). But, in case you missed that, that was 7:30 AM . There went my whole sleeping in goal. I woke up at 6:30 and decided I would cancel. However, the longer I lied in bed, the more I felt like I would regret not going.
To make a potentially epic story shorter, I showed up on time (not all that typical, let's face it) and we journeyed.
It was awesome. Did I get tired? Yes. Did my legs hurt after a while? You betcha. Am I the reincarnated form of She-Ra Princess of Power? Yeah, but that doesn't really have much to do with this post. (Another time, perhaps).
We arrived in Spanish Fork, saw Andy and Jenni run in (I even ran into Matt Edwards and the Christensens as a bonus), ate a little free fruit (grapes have never tasted so good), and started our comeback journey.
At this point you might be thinking "Well, that's nice. Michelle went for an extended bike ride. No big deal." But you don't have all the info just yet.
About an hour after I got home (and believe me, I could have slept for days) Kristina and I went canoeing up the Provo River for a couple hours.
I might be a female version of Rambo. Actually, I'm probably mostly like the current version of Rambo (60-year old action hero-ness). But, I have bragging rights, and really . . . isn't that the whole point?

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I'm so proud of you for doing all that biking and canoeing in the same day. I probably would have fallen over dead within the first 5 miles of biking.